(Header image copied from Prague.eu – the official tourism site of the city)
Once again I’ve had a hard time narrowing down the images to just five. So I cheated by including a sixth photograph as the header. But it’s an important story to include, because Thursday afternoon I purchased two tickets to the capital city of the Czech Republic. We’re heading to Dresden to visit Andrew and Alicia this summer and Prague turns out to be the best place to fly in.
The best picture, of course, is this portrait of our beautiful grandchildren (thanks, Naomi) heading out to the school bus Thursday morning. This is the image you need to look at – Beks (Kindergarten), and David (First Grade) – if you’re feeling at all down about the political morass or gloomy regarding the future of our world. These children are a precious gift and we feel deeply blessed to have them in our lives.
Here are descriptions of the other images, in order.
- First there’s the woodsy view of our home. I am always fascinated at how different Maul-Hall appears depending on the season, or the angle, of the weather.
- Then there’s the one of the children,
- Next I have included a photograph of the daffodils that surprised us by coming up this week just as soon as the warm days came our way. They are always there, waiting for a chance to remind the rest of the world that spring is not only possible, but a real promise.
- Then I’ll admit I’ve had a serious pizza craving this week. Tuesday we went to Milton’s for the real thing, then Thursday I made my own here at home, piling on a little of just about everything I wanted. I don’t rate it a complete success, but it sure was fun to experiment.
- Finally there’s the beer. When I first came to the USA I was extremely disappointed with the selection available. But this country has come a long way in the past few decades and I believe – especially here in North Carolina – that the craft brewing industry is as good as it gets. Pernicious, by Wicked Weed Brewing in Asheville, is a great example.
So there you have it, #5PhotoFriday. Have a wonderful weekend, and don’t forget to go to church – there is so much to be thankful for.
Peace and more – DEREK