“But my servant Caleb — this is a different story. He has a different spirit; he follows me passionately. I’ll bring him into the land that he scouted and his children will inherit it.” God – Numbers 14:24
Today’s “Five(ish)-Photo-Friday” is a hodgepodge, just a few images that give a different angle on the story that is this past week. It also explains why I chose this scripture from Numbers, because sometimes God wants us to “think outside of the box” – especially in this 2020 era… But more on that another time.
- Leaves: The spectacular fall color is still here, but much of it has moved from the trees to the ground.
- Community: My Wednesday men’s group has taken a step back and now we’re meeting via Zoom again.
- Chow Hound: I caught Max Retriever working on one of the fundamental reasons his relationship with my dad is going so well.
- Scoutie: Thinking “dog”, one of those Facebook memory images popped up this morning from November of 2013. Of course it is Scout, back when jumping up on our bed was not at all difficult. What a cutie-pie; and we still miss her so much.
- “Mr. T.”: Then – and if you missed Wednesday’s post you absolutely must go back and take a look – this image from “Mr. T. Goes to Dresden“.
So there you have it. It’s a busy day already, so maybe more content Saturday when I finally catch up!
Peace and more peace – in every way – DEREK
Derek has published seven books in the past decade (you can find them at https://www.amazon.com/Derek-Maul/e/B001JS9WC4), and there’s always something new in the works.
Before becoming a full-time writer, Derek taught public school in Florida for eighteen years, including cutting-edge work with autistic children. He holds bachelor’s degrees in psychology and education from Stetson University and the University of West Florida.
Derek is active in teaching at his church: adult Sunday school, and a men’s Bible study/spiritual formation group. He enjoys the outdoors, traveling, photography, reading, cooking, playing guitar, and golf.