Tales from the Great Adventure

a journal of living-like-we-mean-it, by Derek Maul

meme of the week

meme of the week

This morning Rebekah and I are waking up one last time in the deliciously cool mountain air, before heading back to Wake Forest. Our plan is to attend worship at Mount Jefferson Presbyterian Church, relax around the cabin for a few more hours, then drive home in the evening.

We’re still pinching ourselves some days, hardly believing that we live in such a beautiful part of the country. But that’s the thing about this life we have chosen: Following Jesus is a great adventure! We can’t always see around the next corner… but we do know that we are walking – unerringly – into the light.

Pioneer Path

Pioneer Path

The opportunity for both fall and mountain themed photography has been beyond my expectations. So I walked around the mountainside neighborhood one more time to capture just a few more images.

And, because it’s Sunday, I have included my weekly “meme” – two versions. Feel free to share and otherwise re-post.

Don’t forget to go to church – DEREK

9 thoughts on “fall photos from the Appalachian Mountains – plus “meme of the week”

1. tmcasciano says:

Amazingly beautiful pictures!

Liked by 1 person

2. Thank you for sharing your adventure with all of us! The colors you captured in these pictures – there just aren’t words. It’s as though these images had a light shining behind, and then through, them!

Liked by 1 person

3. Doc Bumppo says:

We speak easily of following the ‘straight and narrow’ path, yet you showed the splendor of seasonal pathways painted for us. Thanks for sharing.

Liked by 1 person

1. derekmaul says:

Thanks for the good word, Doc

4. Scott says:

Great pictures. You guys remind me of Leslie and I. (older version 🙂 I met Leslie in school at Appalachian State and we loved hiking.

Liked by 1 person

1. derekmaul says:

Thanks, Scott. “Older version!!!” LOLOLOL 🙂

5. Scott says:

Oops, this was Scott Krussow

Liked by 1 person

6. Brenda gent UK says:

Thankyou so much Derek for posting those amazing pictures of the wonderful country where you are so blest to live in ! Wickford is nothing like that ! But my first words when I drew my curtains this morning What an Amazing God ! To see the beautiful autumn colours against a brilliant blue sky ! Love Brenda

Liked by 1 person

1. derekmaul says:

Thanks, Brenda! God’s glory is evident everywhere… even in Wickford!!!