Every generous act of giving, with every perfect gift, is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. – James 1:17
Nobody has time to read a long blog Thanksgiving Day. So don’t worry, today I’m simply sharing eight images that point to my profound sense of gratitude on this most aptly named holiday. This day is about saying thank you for so many blessings. This is not a list in any particular order, it is just thanks compounded by more thanks and wrapped up in gratitude.
- Thankful for “us”: No man in the history of husbands has been so blessed as I continue to be. Rebekah and I are forty-plus years into what I can only describe as an epic marriage. Thanks.
- Over the moon about our new grandchild: “Mr. T.” was born in Dresden, Germany, August 9th. We were there. What an amazing gift of love and joy. Thanks so much.
- Andrew and Alicia: Okay, the parents too! Our children are so cool. Danke schön! Danke!
- Our Richmond family: Naomi and Craig Campbell; we pray for you every day. Thanks from the bottom of our hearts.
- David and Beks: The original two grandkids. Second and first grade. Smart, funny, full of love and light. Mega-thanks.
- This amazing church: These folk at WFPC are the reason we are in North Carolina. Full to overflowing with grace, mercy, and love. We cannot thank you enough.
- Jesus: Jesus came along on our trip to Europe, and Jesus floods everything with excellence and passion and purpose and still more love. Thank you, thank you, thank you. A trinitarian thank you.
- Our next-door neighbors: Between them, my parents are now almost 180. That is beyond amazing. What a privilege to have them close by. Thanks.
So here are the photos. Take a look, they are all priceless!
I pray that you have an amazing Thanksgiving celebration – DEREK